Blender vs. Juicer- Which is a Better Choice?
Proper nutrition holds an ultimate value in your well-organized development. An obese person cannot consume calorie-rich food and vice versa for a malnutrition person. Fruits play an integral part in enriching your body stores with appropriate nutrients. There are several ways of consuming fruits. Out of which, blending and juicing are the two most popular ways. The debate between the advantages of blending vs. juicing is continuing since last many years. However, every person has a different perspective.
To be able to decide which one is better, you need to have strait-laced information about both the food processing techniques. Let us discuss both these procedures separately. We will also compare these products for your better understanding:
- What is a blender?
Blenders are the kind of kitchen appliances that have a container that exclusively contains blades inside it. The blade helps in processing the fruits and veggies into thick liquid or semisolid form. The result of blending several fruits and veggies is commonly known as smoothie. You can also make protein shakes, milkshakes, and soups in the blender. Blenders differ in variety according to the types of blades and functionality present in them. A blender extracts the whole ingredients of the fruit without sparing anything. You can buy a good quality blender below $100 price.
- What is a juicer?
A juicer is another kitchen device that is commonly used for extracting sweet and organic fruit juices at home. It usually works by separating the pulp from the fiber and discards the fiber or skin. The texture of the final output is more flowy and thinner in comparison to the blender. Juicers are available in two distinctive types- one that has blades and another with a pressing mechanism.
- What makes them different?
- Waste generation: The waste generation is lesser in the blenders because you pack all the ingredients, including the skin fiber in the meal itself. However, the juicer discards the fibers and extra skin on the fruits, which leads to the disposing of essential fibers.
- Ease of digestion: The juices contain lesser fibers and are in more liquid form. Therefore, they are readily absorbed in the body. However, it takes some time for your body to absorb smoothies.
- Sustainable release: The fast absorptions have the advantage of comfortable digestion; but, it can also cause an abrupt rise of sugar levels in the body. In contrast to it, the smoothies are absorbed evenly with a sustainable time in the body.
- Working mechanism: Conventional style juicers and blenders use centrifugal force to rotate the blades, which helps to liquefy the fruits. However, innovations have lead to the generation of press techniques also known as masticating juicers.
- Which is better?
If you are looking for something to soothe your digestion to cure constipation and other digestive problems, a blender is a better choice. For people who want to avoid sugar, a blender is again a better choice. However, people who are allergic to fibers can go for juicers. Both the blender and juicers will provide you instant energy. Make sure to pick an ideal one for yourself.
We hope that you have sorted out your favorite pick. Make sure to determine your purpose, calorie need, body type, and other health-related points before finalizing one.